Thursday, June 18, 2009

Day in Sonoma

To say that our family loves cheese is an understatement. I think we decided to drive over to the Sonoma Square just to go to the Sonoma Cheese Factory and Vella Cheese Factory...everything else would just be a bonus after that. The Sonoma Cheese Factory has so many samples of all of there cheeses and everything is so yummy! Also a few blocks off the square is a Scandinavian Bakery that sales the most amazing butter cookies that I used to give to clients on sales calls when I was working at the Sheraton. Of course we couldn't fly cross-country and be 2 blocks away and not stop in. We decided to get 2 dozen assorted cookies to share that evening. We had a few in the car on the way home then someone left them on the counter while we went swimming. Sandy was inside alone and ended up eating the rest of the box, about 18 cookies - apparently she realized how good they were too. :)



On the square is a little mini-mall with some specialty shops that we toured through. We saw that they had a dog bakery and had to stop in. They sold doggy bagels, pupcakes and had a huge dog bone-shaped cake that said "Yappy Birthday" (Emily thought that was pretty funny). Needless to say Abby was a magnet to the few dogs that reside in the store and couldn't get enough. She probably would've made room to take that puppy home with her.




We met up with friends of mine from when I went Sonoma State University, Kim & David at Mary's Pizza for dinner (oh how I love their pesto-cheese breadsticks mmmm). After a long day of being in Sonoma, Abby was getting quite cranky and actually fell asleep in Dustin's arms - too cute to not get a picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment